WHO AM I?
WHERE AM I GOING?
For many people, immersion in the virtual world has brought about a kind of “digital migration” (90)
- Social media is part of young people’s identity and way of life
- Digital environments can unite people across geographic distances
- It becomes more possible to exchange information, ideals, values and common interests
- Access to online learning opportunities
- Isolation, laziness, desolation & boredom
- Obsessive consumption of media products
- Despite its worldwide nature, we stick to people like us
- No differences, please
- Online relationships can become inhuman
- Digital spaces may blind us to others’ vulnerability
- Prevent self-reflection
- Create a delusional parallel reality that ignores human dignity
- Loss of identity & misrepresentation of self
- Virtual construction of personality
You want to dialogue with us young people, Church?
- Get techno-savvy
- Help us heal from cyberbullying, pornography, online child abuse, etc.