Greetings from the IMBISA Secretariat. From the 22nd to the 27th of September 2022 the Bishops in the IMBISA Region gathered for the 13th Plenary Assembly in Windhoek Namibia. During the plenary the bishops elected new members who make up the Standing Committee for the next three years. These are;
- IMBISA President
Archibishop Liborius Ndumbukuti Nashenda OMI from the Namibian Catholic Bishops Conference (NCBC) who is currently the Archbishop of Windhoek, Namibia.
- IMBISA Vice President
Archbishop Jose Manuel Imbamba from the Episcopal Conference of Angola and Sao Tome (CEAST) who is currently the Archbishop of Saurimo, Angola.
- IMBISA Secretary General
Bishop Rudolf Nyandoro from the Zimbabwe Catholic Bishops Conference (ZCBC) who is currently the Bishop of Gweru, Zimbabwe.
- IMBISA Media and Communications
Bishop Jose Luis Ponce de Leon IMC from the Southern African catholic bishops Conference (SACBC).
- Conference Delegates
- Bishop Dionisio Hisiilenapo; Episcopal Conference of Angola and São Tomé (CEAST); Bishop of Namibe, Angola.
- Bishop António Juliasse Ferreira Sandramo; Episcopal Conference of Mozambique (CEM); Bishop of Pemba, Mozambique.
- Bishop John Joale Tlhomola, S.C.P, Lesotho Catholic Bishops Conference (LCBC)
Bishop of Mohale’s Hoek, Lesotho.
- Bishop Willem Christiaans, O.S.F.S.; Namibian Catholic Bishops Conference (NCBC); Bishop of Keetmanshoop, Namibia
- Bishop Siphiwo Vanqa; Southern African Catholic Bishops Conference (SACBC); Bishop of Queenstown, South Africa
- Bishop Raymond Tapiwa Mupandasekwa, C.Ss.R.; Zimbabwe Catholic Bishops Conference (ZCBC); Bishop of Chinhoy
6. Following the departure of Fr Dumisani Vilakati, the incoming Standing Committee appointed Fr Rafael Baciano Sapato of the Lichinga Diocese in Mozambique as the new Director of the Secretariat.